A LONG overdue post of all the neat articles and videos I've been watching the past month or so. Just for the record, I have 70 tabs open.
Okay, enough about my problem with tabs, to the LINKS!
- Got my first published post on Hack Library School this year. I'm real jazzed about this blogging opportunity. Also, my monthly YALSA post went up and I've been blogging for them for a year! Crazy.
- My good friend Rachel showed me this sweet video about how a group of scientists saved a toucan by printing a 3D beak for it.
- I was catching up on podcasts Wednesday night and listened to the new episode of She Does. Pamela Ribbon was on and I love this essay she wrote in regards to Roxanne Gay's Bad Feminist (so many good things in one place).
- The AV Club has a whole feature about podcasts?!?! How did I not know this earlier!?!?!
- As I think about next steps once I graduate, naturally a PhD sort of looms in the future. Probably not right away, but perhaps in the somewhat near-ish future. I stumbled across this Hack Library School post that is a nice overview and personal opinions.
- Since my new job includes collection development, I've been thinking a lot about what sorts of books I will buy for the two libraries I am supervising. Somehow, I stumbled upon this article from the Guardian about a woman who read books written by only non-white authors for a year.
- In my Dialogues on Feminism and Technology class, our professor showed us this great website called Teaching Privacy. I'm thinking about how I can take this material and put it into a workshop for the elementary students I work with.
- Finally, the new One Direction video (it's AWESOME because who doesn't love space!?!). Sad to hear the band is disbanding after their new album, but perhaps there is a glimmer of hope they will get back together after they pursue their own endeavors. Also, their new video looks sort of like a classic 1990s Backstreet Boys video.