In true Fall Break fashion, I have done lots of lounging and very little work. So in my attempts to be more productive, I give you a hyperlink roundup. Not only does this clear my millions of tabs, but it also will hopefully be a chain reaction to other school related items.
- NYPL and the never-ending problem with their underground stacks.
- Some humorous librarian tidbits.
- Dead staplers are something we need to talk about more.
- An article in the aftermath of the Paris Attacks.
- I got to hear from the fabulous Alison Macrina, who heads the Library Freedom Project. She has this great page on her website as a librarian privacy toolkit. I will fan girl her a lot in the upcoming weeks. Also, some of her most memorable quotes from her workshop with us.
- A little history of Siri, the voice that is helpful, humorous, and still sometimes unable to understand our voice.
- Roxanne Gay on student activism on college campuses.
- In falling in a cultural criticism, I've found out about this article/talk by Claire Vaye Watkins on female writers. This was obviously a pretty fired up talk (check out the ending) so people started talking about it.