- An article from the New York Times about what keeps women out of the technology and science field.
- As a follow up, 12 badass women in the sciences.
- You know that I adore Anna Sale on her podcast, Death, Sex & Money. She sends out a weekly newsletter and the comments on grief were especially thought-provoking.
- Word choice is EVERYTHING. Also intersectionality. Quote from a recent Bust article: "We need to start creating media that acknowledges the historical intersections of race and gender, we can’t afford to treat them like they are totally separate spheres."
- A little history on the building where I grad school at.
- Life without smartphones -- a critical look at what we miss when we are on our phones.
- Young girls, Twilight, One Direction, hysteria, and more.
GIF of the week (because I need to start using my robust collection of moving images)